Delivery and Collection Fee
- Delivery and collection incur charges of MYR50-MYR140. More than Johor Bahru area will be different charges.
- Return fee at KLIA area would be incur charges of MYR600.
- An additional charge of MYR20.00 per trip for delivery and collection before 09:00 and after 21:00.
- Pick up and drop off service only allowed for advance booking.
Driver’s Age And Licence Requirements
- The drivers must be between 21 and 65 years old. Other nationals with valid English driving licenses can drive in Malaysia for a maximum of 3 months.
- The drivers that is 66 years old and above must included additional driver.
- Probational license holders will not be accepted.
- Digital driving license is acceptable.
- The minimum rental is 1 day. Extension above 12 hours considers the full day rate.
- Any extension to the rental period must be informed in writing to the Company at least 1 week in advance. The monthly rental rate will remain the same and pro-rated by the number of calendar days.
- All vehicle allow drive in Malaysia ( except Langkawi, Sabah & Sarawak ).
- All vehicle is not allow to drive to Thailand & Brunei.
- Per day mileage 300km, exceed per km MYR0.5
- Petrol full to full
- No bank commitment
- Zero risk on depreciation cost
- Provide rental car for long term or additional information please contact : ( +6018-387 7720 )
- Please bring a photocopy of your identity card/passport, driving license, business card or any relevant document to verify your working/home address.
- During vehicle collection, the hirer is required to check for any damage or missing part to the vehicles. If the hirer found any damage or missing part before collecting the vehicle please inform our team immediately. Any damage or missing part that is not reported earlier will be considered under the hirer’s responsibility.
- Pick up and drop off only provided for door to door house service , Hotel lobby or Security guard.
- Car be subjected to free upgrade due to issues , however hirer do not agree company reserve the right to cancel booking without refund.
- Collection before 09:00 and return after 21:00, hirer have self pick up or drop off at our HQ at Seri Alam, Masai.
Insurance & Excess
- All vehicles are fully insured with a standard motor vehicle policy. However, the hirer is responsible for excess MYR3,000 (Group A), MYR5,000 (Group B), MYR6,000 (Group C) and MYR10,000 (Group D).
- The hirer can reduce the excess to MYR1,500 (Group A), MYR2,500 (Group B) ,MYR 3,500 (Group C) and MYR 6,000 (Group D) by purchasing optional Excess Protection for MYR20.00 per day (Group A), MYR30.00 per day (Group B), MYR40.00 per day (Group C) and MYR50.00 per day (Group D).
- All insurance and excess protection do not apply for damage or loss due to careless action, negligence, or illegal or improper use of the vehicle. The insurance and excess protection also do not apply to tire punctures, burst tires, battery damage due to the car not being switched off for a long period, and loss or damage to the vehicle accessories.
- The accident or damage only applies for collision between two moving objects. Any damage, while the vehicle is stationary will be under the hirer’s full responsibility and subjected to excess and excess protection above.
- For damage involving a third party, the hirer must get information from the third party driver, including the driver’s name, IC/Passport, driving license, and vehicle registration number. If the claim cannot be made against third party insurance, all damage will be under hirer’s responsibility and subjected to the above excess or excess protection.
- The hirer is reminded that underbody and overhead damage is at their own risk at all time. All insurance and excess protection are void if the vehicle is driven on an unsealed, unmade road or surface.
- The hirer is required to contact our representatives to inform us for any event of accidents or car theft.
- A police report should be made within 24 hours after the accidents or from when you’ve discovered the theft or loss. The police report should be obtained in writing.
- Major accidents happen, renter have to compensate amount (based on both parties’ agreed Group A-D)
- Security deposit of MYR300-MYR3000.00 will be charged on hirer credit card or debit card.
- Security deposit be used in the event of loss or damage to the Rental Vehicle during the term of this agreement. In the event of damage to the Rental Vehicle, will apply this Security Deposit to defray the costs of necessary repairs or replacement. Suppose the cost for repair or replacement of damage to the Rental Vehicle exceeds the amount of the Security Deposit. In that case, Renter will be responsible for the balance of this cost.
- Wallet credit cannot be refunded.
- The maximum amount of credit the user can use for each order is MYR1000.
- The credit will never expire.
- The credit cannot be passed to anyone.
- Misuse or fraudulent activities related to the wallet credit will result in immediate suspension of the user’s account and may lead to legal action.
- GemCar Rental reserves the right to modify the terms of the Topup Wallet at any time, with prior notice to the user.
- Deposits will automatically be refunded to this wallet after returning the vehicle from the last order.
- Deposit wallet cannot be used for purchase.
- Users can request a refund of the amount in this wallet. The refund can only be available after returning the vehicle to Gem Car Rental. The refund days will be 14 working days upon request to the account the user provided or the card they used for purchase online.
- Additional charges with valid reasons will be imposed automatically to this wallet if there is any damage to the car, summon fees from the government such as speeding, breaking road laws in Malaysia, etc.
- The user will be charged with the excess amount on any future booking and a reason will be shown during checkout. If the same user creates a new account to avoid the excess charge, the credit will be deducted from the new wallet and a reason will be shown to the new account. User are traced by driver license and actual driver of the vehicle for every order.
- Smoking is prohibited inside the car. Penalty MYR300 will be charged for cleaning any unpleasant odor.
- Pungent smell penalty MYR100 (eg: durian , vomits, salted fish, stale smell)
- No pets allowed , penalty MYR100.
- In the event when car return too dirty penalty MYR100 (eg: sediment , soil , drinks pour off )
- Loss of car key will be charged of MYR100 with cost replacement.
- Change of location will incurred MYR100 each trip. (Less than 24 Hours)
- Last minute change of timing less than 6 Hours will incurred MYR200.
- Last minute on return date extend after operating hour 6pm-9pm incurred charges of MYR20, 9pm-11pm MYR50.
- Due to careless accidentally payment , they will be a surcharged total amount of 10%.
- All traffic/parking summons (if any) will be under the hirer’s responsibility. Penalty MYR50 will be charged if the customer fails to pay the summons within the time specified after sending the notification.
- For long-term rental, the hirer is responsible for returning the car to our nearest branch if the car is due for servicing. We reserve the right to charge a penalty of MYR1.00 per KM after 500 KM exceeding the service limit.
- If there are any breach of contract by the Hirer during the contract period, the deposit will be forfeited.
- In the event of any motor vehicle accident, if the accident is claimable by standard vehicle insurance, the Hirer is responsible for the car rental amount until the vehicle repair is complete.
- For extension rental if did not receive any payment, system will auto cut off engine. Reactivate system cost incurred of MYR50.
- For long term rental ( 2 month and above), any delay payment will be charged MYR50 per day as the penalty fee on the 8th day.
- The speed limit for highways in Malaysia is 110 KM/hr, while the normal road is 90 KM/hr. Please drive carefully and obey traffic rules.
Returning The Vehicle
- Please inform in advance 7 days if you want to return or extend the rental.
- For Long term rental, please inform in advance 1 month.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- All cancellations must be notified with formal notice in advance. We reserve the right to charge full day rental for cancellation less than 24 hours.
- A formal notice in writing must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject cancellation of Reservation Number (Booking No.)
- In the event of early termination or before the rental agreement period end, the hirer has no right to refund any or part of the charges.
- We will process the refund for the rental amount within 14 working days.
- No refund will be given for the hirer fails to show up (cancellation without notice)
- If a booking is canceled within 15 days and above from pick up, the renter will be charged 10% of the rental amount as a cancellation fee and the balance will be refunded back.
- If a booking is canceled within 2 to 14 days from pick up, the renter will be charged 50% of the rental amount as a cancellation fee and the balance will be refunded back.
- If a booking is canceled within 1 day from pick up, the renter will be charged 80% of the rental amount as a cancellation fee, and the balance will be refunded.
- All cancellations of long-term leasing must be notified 2 weeks before the booking date. We reserve the right to charge a one-month rental for cancellation of less than a month.
- Deposits automatically return to your wallet, enabling faster bookings and access to exclusive promotions. For a deposit refund, log in to your account and request a refund. Once approved, refunds are processed within 14 days.
- In the event between 6 months after return the car there is a summons on booking date , our customer service team update proof of payment to claim back from driver.
- Any changes of booking date, surcharged MYR100.
- Driver particular must be submitted before receiving the car on pick up date , booking information and pick up date with same driver submitted documentation. Driver totally agrees that he/she will be rejected from receiving the car if the documentation is different person . No refund will be made